Please click here to be redirected to our 2013 Dog Day Afternoon page.
DOG DAY AFTERNOON OFFICIAL RULES:
1. The pre-registration fee is $25 for adults and $15 for children (12 and under). Registration forms and fees can be mailed to the LA/SPCA prior to the event. Day-of-Event registration will be $30 for adults and $20 for children.
2. ALL WALK NUMBERS AND T-SHIRTS WILL BE HELD AT WILL CALL.
3. Participants can register online until March 19th. Please make checks payable to the LA/SPCA.
4. All registrants will receive an official 2010 Dog Day Afternoon t-shirt and walk #!
6. Prizes will be awarded to participants who raise top amounts of money for the LA/SPCA through sponsorships/ pledges in the Dog Fun Walk. Additional prizes will be awarded by random drawing to those in the following groups who raise: $50 to $100; $101 to $250; $251 to $500; and $501 and above.
7. Prizes will be given to the first three Dog Fun Walk participants who cross the Finish Line after completing the course. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will also be given to the winners of the Dog Competition Contests.
8. The course is a Fun Walk around Roosevelt Mall in City Park behind Tad Gormley Stadium.
9. Participants must wear official walk numbers during the walk.
10. To be eligible for prizes and Chair Dog positions, money must be collected from sponsors and turned in to the LA/SPCA by 4:00pm on Monday, March 29th.
11. To be eligible for prizes, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- All prize winners will be determined after donations reach the LA/SPCA by the March 29th deadline.
- The two people who turn in the highest totals will win first and second prize. The third place winner will be based on a random drawing of all those turning in donations by the March 29th deadline, giving everyone an opportunity to win!
12. The same dog cannot win first place two years in a row. However, his or her owner can enter a different dog.
13. While a person can enter more than one dog, he or she must determine at the time of entry which dog is competing to win.
14. If, due to weather, the event cannot take place on March 21st, the event, regretfully, can NOT be rescheduled. Shirts will be available for pick up at the LA/SPCA, 1700 Mardi Gras Blvd.
15. Dog and human spectators are welcome and not required to participate in the walk.
16. DOG SAFETY RULES:
- DOGS MUST BE KEPT ON LEASHES AT ALL TIMES
- DO NOT BRING DOGS THAT MUST BE MUZZLED.
- DO NOT BRING DOGS IN HEAT
- DOGS MUST BE CURRENT ON VACCINATIONS
17. The LA/SPCA has the right to cancel the dog walk due to weather.