Volunteer with the Louisiana SPCA!
Thank you so much for reaching out to the Louisiana SPCA to volunteer! Our work would not be possible without the dedication, passion, and determination each and every volunteer brings to our organization. Volunteers are integral to our day to day operations and the overall success of the programs and services offered by the LA/SPCA. We know you'll make a great addition to our incredible volunteer team.
**Please note that it can often take up to 1-2 months to complete the process for becoming a volunteer. Due to the training requirements involved in becoming a volunteer at the LA/SPCA, we will not be able to provide short term service hours. Service hours will only be granted to people who have committed at least 4 volunteer hours a month for three consecutive months.**
Volunteers are required to:
- Attend one of our Volunteer Orientations to learn more about the LA/SPCA Volunteer Program and the volunteer opportunities available (pre-registration is required). Register here!
- Submit a volunteer application.
- At the orientation you will learn about the additional training requirements involved in becoming an Animal Care Volunteer. *Please note that we have temporarily suspended training new Animal Care Volunteers as we redesign the program to fall in line with our new facility.*
- Commit to 4 hours of volunteer work per month.
- If under 18:
- 16-17 years old - you are permitted to volunteer on your own with parental or guardian permission. Please submit this completed form at orientation.
- 12-15 years old - required to volunteer as a Team with a parent or adult guardian (18 yrs of age of older). Volunteers under the age of 16 are not eligible to be trained as Animal Care Volunteers. Both Team members must complete each step of the volunteer process above and must always volunteer together at any LA/SPCA event.
For additional information on how your son or daughter (under age 18) can become involved with the LA/SPCA please visit our Humane Education section.
If you have any questions, please contact Katie Rivet at email@example.com or 504-762-3312.
Thanks again for reaching out to us! We look forward to meeting and working with you!